Do you have a guest room in your home that also serves as your home office?
A Cleaning Service has got some great ideas for you — to help you make your space work for both purposes while maintaining a cheerful, cleaner home.
- Keep your designated room/office space tidy. Yes, we realize this space serves a workstation, too, but it helps to pick up any clutter regularly if you can. Consider using organizers or storage units to help you with this task. Using storage units makes it quicker and easier to pick up, especially if your guests drop in unexpectedly. Maintaining a tidy office will help both you and your guests (plus, it’s beneficial if you’re someone who uses our residential cleaning services).
- Consider using a smaller bed or a pull-out sleeping option in the room. Oftentimes, the key to maintaining order in a tight space is to fill it with furniture that fits well. Since a queen-size bed can become a space hog, we suggest that you consider using a smaller bed, a trundle bed, or a pull-out, sleeper couch to accommodate your guests. These options, while practical, also can look great while making your space cozy.
- Include a TV for your guests. Just like having a TV is a relaxing option in a hotel room, having a TV for your visitors can make the space more appealing and inviting.
- Keep your office furniture clean and compact, so your guests can move around. This tip is similar to the notion of not including a large bed in a small room. If your floor space is at a premium, you may want to rethink purchasing that an over-sized credenza. Your guests will need that extra space to get around and not bump into things.
- Provide your guests with electrical outlets, and a designated space for clothes and valuables. Think about how your space would work if you spent the night there. Does it include a place to put your luggage, clothes, and personal belongings without them getting lost or misplaced? Is there an outlet to recharge your cell phone? Providing your guests with these options is a welcoming touch, and they’ll thank you for it.
To learn more about residential cleaning services or how to keep your home looking its best, contact A Cleaning Service, your trusted professional cleaning experts in Arlington, Virginia, at 703-892-8648.