When it comes to hiring a professional to clean your house, you’ll want someone you can trust to do a terrific job at a fair price. But how can you be sure you are hiring the right company?
It helps to do some research ahead of time and ask these important questions before you hire a cleaning service.
- What cleaning products does your company use? Most companies use their own products – and not yours. You’ll want to be sure that whatever products they use are OK to have in your home and will not damage anything. It’s also important to ask this question if you have allergies or pets, or if you need to hire someone uses specific or non-toxic products. A residential cleaning service should also be able to tell what they clean in your home and all the services that they can provide.
- Can the cleaning service provide references? Most companies are willing to provide testimonials from current or former customers. You can also find reviews of many companies today on Yelp, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Is the cleaning service insured and bonded? A reputable residential cleaning company should carry both liability and worker’s compensation insurance, and be willing to show you proof of them if you ask. Without worker’s comp, for example, you could be held liable if a worker has an injury in your home. That’s why you’ll want to make sure that whomever you hire has this important coverage. Being insured helps a company cover if there’s ever accidental loss or damage in your home.
- Does the service screen its workers? Most companies, and especially those that perform services in homes, will do rigorous background screenings on employees and potential employees, including drug screenings and reference checks before they hire individuals.
- How much does the cleaning service charge? The company should be able to provide you with an estimate for the cleaning services that you want so that you can have idea if it fits into your budget. They should also provide you with information on how to contact them, and what’s expected if you need to reschedule or cancel a cleaning or services in the future with them.
To learn more about residential cleaning services or get more of your questions answers, contact A Cleaning Service, your trusted professional cleaning experts in Arlington, Virginia