While autumn is a wonderful time to enjoy the changing leaves and beautiful colors — don’t forget it’s also an ideal time to prepare your home from the inside for the coming winter months!
- Have your furnace or boiler inspected before colder weather hits! Contact a reputable heating company to have these services done now. Yes, it’s an investment, but making sure that your furnace and boiler are in the best working order can save you money in the long term by cutting down your heating costs. Also, if your home uses a wood-burning fireplace or stove, now is the time to order your firewood, too!
- Check for cracks in your windows or doors! You’ll want to caulk and seal those cracks, which will help you to keep in the heat in during the winter months. This, too, can save you money with your heating costs.
- Test your carbon monoxide monitors to make sure they are working properly and that there are no leaks in your home! Carbon monoxide leaks are among the highest causes of accidental deaths in homes, so it pays to make sure you and your family will be safe during those winter months indoors.
- Set your ceiling fans on the reverse setting (clockwise direction) after you turn on your heat for the season. This will create an updraft and push the heat down. This, too, can save you money on your winter heating bills.
- Hire a chimney sweep to make sure your fireplace is ready for the winter! Whether your fireplace is gas, oil, wood, or coal, it’s wise to make sure your fireplace is working and clean, and it’s also safer. This, too, can help to prevent the build-up of dangerous carbon monoxide in your home.
To learn more about residential cleaning services or how to keep your home looking its best, contact A Cleaning Service, your trusted professional cleaning experts in Arlington, Virginia, at 703-892-8648.